SLAM: Simultaneous Localization and Mapping
SLAM (simultaneous localization and mapping) is a mobile mapping system developed during the 1980s. Today’s SLAM systems deliver survey-grade point cloud quality and enable high quality mapping of construction sites and buildings. SLAM technology enables rapid data and imagery acquisition with excellent results. Martinez Geospatial uses the NavVis VLX 2nd Generation wearable mobile mapping system to ensure high-quality point cloud data acquisition that enables precision mapping and modeling.
CLICK TO VIEW EXAMPLES OF SLAM PROJECT APPLICATIONS
- ADA Surveys
- As-Built Records Drawings, including MEP (mechanical, electrical, and plumbing) components and HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning) systems
- Building Renovation, Expansion, and Historic
- Clash Detection
- Construction Site Monitoring
- Facility Management
- Existing Condition Surveys
- Public Outreach Visualizations
- Quantity Calculations
- Sign Inventories
- Topographic Surveys
- Tree Inventories
Maneuverable and Precise Laser Scanning
Some spaces are easier to scan than others. Simultaneous localization and mapping systems offer an excellent alternative to traditional laser scanning, particularly for indoor areas. The NavVis VLX 2nd Generation used by Martinez Geospatial offers many benefits, including:
- Fast and accurate point cloud data and color imagery acquisition.
- The ability to scan areas where traditional terrestrial laser scanning can be challenging.
- Preserving the details of the scanned features while automatically detecting dynamic objects and removing noise.
- Control point support.
NavVis VLX 2nd Generation Specifications:
- Relative Point Cloud Accuracy of 8mm
- Maximum Range of 100m
- 300,000 Points perSecond (x2)
- 4 x 20 Megapixel Image Resolution
Download the Technical Datasheet
Choose Martinez Geospatial for Experienced, Client-Focused Project Deliverables
“Bridging the gap between the physical and digital world, NavVis enables service providers and enterprises to capture and share the built environment as photorealistic digital twins.”
Source: NavVis product sheet
Choose Martinez Geospatial when experience matters. We offer fast, portable, and precise laser scanning and mobile mapping services for architectural, engineering, construction, and facility management applications. Our experts can create high-quality, detailed, and accurate 2D mapping and 3D photorealistic modeling of your project environment.
Martinez Geospatial excels at producing innovative solutions tailored to your project needs. Our client-centered philosophy follows a consultation approach to determining project needs and client expectations. While you may have SLAM technology in mind for your project, let’s talk further about your specific project goals. We may have other methodologies that can meet project requirements and exceed your expectations.